What is Sam.dll?
The size of this dynamic link library is 0.1 MB and its download links are healthy. It has been downloaded 363 times already.
Table of Contents
- What is Sam.dll?
- Operating Systems That Can Use the Sam.dll Library
- Other Versions of the Sam.dll Library
- Guide to Download Sam.dll
- Methods to Fix the Sam.dll Errors
- Method 1: Installing the Sam.dll Library to the Windows System Directory
- Method 2: Copying The Sam.dll Library Into The Program Installation Directory
- Method 3: Doing a Clean Reinstall of the Program That Is Giving the Sam.dll Error
- Method 4: Fixing the Sam.dll Issue by Using the Windows System File Checker (scf scannow)
- Method 5: Fixing the Sam.dll Error by Manually Updating Windows
- The Most Seen Sam.dll Errors
- Other Dynamic Link Libraries Used with Sam.dll
Operating Systems That Can Use the Sam.dll Library
Other Versions of the Sam.dll Library
The newest version of the Sam.dll library is the 1.5.4124.1 version. There have been 1 versions released before this version. All versions of the Dynamic link library have been listed below from most recent to oldest.
- 1.5.4124.1 - 32 Bit (x86) Download this version
- Unknown - 32 Bit (x86) (2012-07-31) Download this version
Guide to Download Sam.dll
- First, click on the green-colored "Download" button in the top left section of this page (The button that is marked in the picture).
- After clicking the "Download" button at the top of the page, the "Downloading" page will open up and the download process will begin. Definitely do not close this page until the download begins. Our site will connect you to the closest DLL Downloader.com download server in order to offer you the fastest downloading performance. Connecting you to the server can take a few seconds.
Methods to Fix the Sam.dll Errors
ATTENTION! Before beginning the installation of the Sam.dll library, you must download the library. If you don't know how to download the library or if you are having a problem while downloading, you can look at our download guide a few lines above.
Method 1: Installing the Sam.dll Library to the Windows System Directory
- The file you downloaded is a compressed file with the extension ".zip". This file cannot be installed. To be able to install it, first you need to extract the dynamic link library from within it. So, first double-click the file with the ".zip" extension and open the file.
- You will see the library named "Sam.dll" in the window that opens. This is the library you need to install. Click on the dynamic link library with the left button of the mouse. By doing this, you select the library.
- Click on the "Extract To" button, which is marked in the picture. In order to do this, you will need the Winrar program. If you don't have the program, it can be found doing a quick search on the Internet and you can download it (The Winrar program is free).
- After clicking the "Extract to" button, a window where you can choose the location you want will open. Choose the "Desktop" location in this window and extract the dynamic link library to the desktop by clicking the "Ok" button.
- Copy the "Sam.dll" library file you extracted.
- Paste the dynamic link library you copied into the "C:\Windows\System32" directory.
- If your system is 64 Bit, copy the "Sam.dll" library and paste it into "C:\Windows\sysWOW64" directory.
NOTE! On 64 Bit systems, you must copy the dynamic link library to both the "sysWOW64" and "System32" directories. In other words, both directories need the "Sam.dll" library.
- First, we must run the Windows Command Prompt as an administrator.
NOTE! We ran the Command Prompt on Windows 10. If you are using Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP, you can use the same methods to run the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- A verification window will pop up asking, "Do you want to run the Command Prompt as with administrative permission?" Approve this action by saying, "Yes".
%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /u Sam.dll
%windir%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe /u Sam.dll
%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /i Sam.dll
%windir%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe /i Sam.dll
Method 2: Copying The Sam.dll Library Into The Program Installation Directory
- In order to install the dynamic link library, you need to find the installation directory for the program that was giving you errors such as "Sam.dll is missing", "Sam.dll not found" or similar error messages. In order to do that, Right-click the program's shortcut and click the Properties item in the right-click menu that appears.
- Click on the Open File Location button that is found in the Properties window that opens up and choose the folder where the application is installed.
- Copy the Sam.dll library into this directory that opens.
- This is all there is to the process. Now, try to run the program again. If the problem still is not solved, you can try the 3rd Method.
Method 3: Doing a Clean Reinstall of the Program That Is Giving the Sam.dll Error
- Open the Run window by pressing the "Windows" + "R" keys on your keyboard at the same time. Type in the command below into the Run window and push Enter to run it. This command will open the "Programs and Features" window.
- On the Programs and Features screen that will come up, you will see the list of programs on your computer. Find the program that gives you the dll error and with your mouse right-click it. The right-click menu will open. Click the "Uninstall" option in this menu to start the uninstall process.
- You will see a "Do you want to uninstall this program?" confirmation window. Confirm the process and wait for the program to be completely uninstalled. The uninstall process can take some time. This time will change according to your computer's performance and the size of the program. After the program is uninstalled, restart your computer.
- After restarting your computer, reinstall the program.
- You can fix the error you are expericing with this method. If the dll error is continuing in spite of the solution methods you are using, the source of the problem is the Windows operating system. In order to fix dll errors in Windows you will need to complete the 4th Method and the 5th Method in the list.
Method 4: Fixing the Sam.dll Issue by Using the Windows System File Checker (scf scannow)
- First, we must run the Windows Command Prompt as an administrator.
Method 5: Fixing the Sam.dll Error by Manually Updating Windows
Some programs require updated dynamic link libraries from the operating system. If your operating system is not updated, this requirement is not met and you will receive dll errors. Because of this, updating your operating system may solve the dll errors you are experiencing.
Most of the time, operating systems are automatically updated. However, in some situations, the automatic updates may not work. For situations like this, you may need to check for updates manually.
For every Windows version, the process of manually checking for updates is different. Because of this, we prepared a special guide for each Windows version. You can get our guides to manually check for updates based on the Windows version you use through the links below.
Explanations on Updating Windows Manually
The Most Seen Sam.dll Errors
It's possible that during the programs' installation or while using them, the Sam.dll library was damaged or deleted. You can generally see error messages listed below or similar ones in situations like this.
These errors we see are not unsolvable. If you've also received an error message like this, first you must download the Sam.dll library by clicking the "Download" button in this page's top section. After downloading the library, you should install the library and complete the solution methods explained a little bit above on this page and mount it in Windows. If you do not have a hardware issue, one of the methods explained in this article will fix your issue.
- "Sam.dll not found." error
- "The file Sam.dll is missing." error
- "Sam.dll access violation." error
- "Cannot register Sam.dll." error
- "Cannot find Sam.dll." error
- "This application failed to start because Sam.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." error