What is Imgicon.dll? What Does It Do?
The Imgicon.dll file is 0.02 MB. The download links are current and no negative feedback has been received by users. It has been downloaded 501 times since release.
Table of Contents
- What is Imgicon.dll? What Does It Do?
- Operating Systems Compatible with the Imgicon.dll File
- All Versions of the Imgicon.dll File
- Steps to Download the Imgicon.dll File
- How to Install Imgicon.dll? How to Fix Imgicon.dll Errors?
- Method 1: Solving the DLL Error by Copying the Imgicon.dll File to the Windows System Folder
- Method 2: Copying The Imgicon.dll File Into The Software File Folder
- Method 3: Doing a Clean Install of the software That Is Giving the Imgicon.dll Error
- Method 4: Solving the Imgicon.dll Error using the Windows System File Checker (sfc /scannow)
- Method 5: Fixing the Imgicon.dll Error by Manually Updating Windows
- Most Seen Imgicon.dll Errors
- Dll Files Similar to the Imgicon.dll File
Operating Systems Compatible with the Imgicon.dll File
All Versions of the Imgicon.dll File
The last version of the Imgicon.dll file is the 220.127.116.11 version.This dll file only has one version. There is no other version that can be downloaded.
- 18.104.22.168 - 32 Bit (x86) Download directly this version
Steps to Download the Imgicon.dll File
- Click on the green-colored "Download" button (The button marked in the picture below).
- When you click the "Download" button, the "Downloading" window will open. Don't close this window until the download process begins. The download process will begin in a few seconds based on your Internet speed and computer.
How to Install Imgicon.dll? How to Fix Imgicon.dll Errors?
ATTENTION! Before beginning the installation of the Imgicon.dll file, you must download the file. If you don't know how to download the file or if you are having a problem while downloading, you can look at our download guide a few lines above.
Method 1: Solving the DLL Error by Copying the Imgicon.dll File to the Windows System Folder
- The file you downloaded is a compressed file with the extension ".zip". This file cannot be installed. To be able to install it, first you need to extract the dll file from within it. So, first double-click the file with the ".zip" extension and open the file.
- You will see the file named "Imgicon.dll" in the window that opens. This is the file you need to install. Click on the dll file with the left button of the mouse. By doing this, you select the file.
- Click on the "Extract To" button, which is marked in the picture. In order to do this, you will need the Winrar software. If you don't have the software, it can be found doing a quick search on the Internet and you can download it (The Winrar software is free).
- After clicking the "Extract to" button, a window where you can choose the location you want will open. Choose the "Desktop" location in this window and extract the dll file to the desktop by clicking the "Ok" button.
- Copy the "Imgicon.dll" file and paste it into the "C:\Windows\System32" folder.
- If your operating system has a 64 Bit architecture, copy the "Imgicon.dll" file and paste it also into the "C:\Windows\sysWOW64" folder.
NOTE! On 64 Bit systems, the dll file must be in both the "sysWOW64" folder as well as the "System32" folder. In other words, you must copy the "Imgicon.dll" file into both folders.
- First, we must run the Windows Command Prompt as an administrator.
NOTE! We ran the Command Prompt on Windows 10. If you are using Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP, you can use the same methods to run the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- A verification window will pop up asking, "Do you want to run the Command Prompt as with administrative permission?" Approve this action by saying, "Yes".
%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /u Imgicon.dll
%windir%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe /u Imgicon.dll
%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /i Imgicon.dll
%windir%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe /i Imgicon.dll
Method 2: Copying The Imgicon.dll File Into The Software File Folder
- In order to install the dll file, you need to find the file folder for the software that was giving you errors such as "Imgicon.dll is missing", "Imgicon.dll not found" or similar error messages. In order to do that, Right-click the software's shortcut and click the Properties item in the right-click menu that appears.
- Click on the Open File Location button that is found in the Properties window that opens up and choose the folder where the application is installed.
- Copy the Imgicon.dll file into this folder that opens.
- This is all there is to the process. Now, try to run the software again. If the problem still is not solved, you can try the 3rd Method.
Method 3: Doing a Clean Install of the software That Is Giving the Imgicon.dll Error
- Open the Run window by pressing the "Windows" + "R" keys on your keyboard at the same time. Type in the command below into the Run window and push Enter to run it. This command will open the "Programs and Features" window.
- The softwares listed in the Programs and Features window that opens up are the softwares installed on your computer. Find the software that gives you the dll error and run the "Right-Click > Uninstall" command on this software.
- Following the instructions that come up, uninstall the software from your computer and restart your computer.
- After restarting your computer, reinstall the software that was giving the error.
- This process may help the dll problem you are experiencing. If you are continuing to get the same dll error, the problem is most likely with Windows. In order to fix dll problems relating to Windows, complete the 4th Method and 5th Method.
Method 4: Solving the Imgicon.dll Error using the Windows System File Checker (sfc /scannow)
- First, we must run the Windows Command Prompt as an administrator.
Method 5: Fixing the Imgicon.dll Error by Manually Updating Windows
Some softwares require updated dll files from the operating system. If your operating system is not updated, this requirement is not met and you will receive dll errors. Because of this, updating your operating system may solve the dll errors you are experiencing.
Most of the time, operating systems are automatically updated. However, in some situations, the automatic updates may not work. For situations like this, you may need to check for updates manually.
For every Windows version, the process of manually checking for updates is different. Because of this, we prepared a special guide for each Windows version. You can get our guides to manually check for updates based on the Windows version you use through the links below.
Guides to Manually Update for All Windows Versions
Most Seen Imgicon.dll Errors
When the Imgicon.dll file is damaged or missing, the softwares that use this dll file will give an error. Not only external softwares, but also basic Windows softwares and tools use dll files. Because of this, when you try to use basic Windows softwares and tools (For example, when you open Internet Explorer or Windows Media Player), you may come across errors. We have listed the most common Imgicon.dll errors below.
You will get rid of the errors listed below when you download the Imgicon.dll file from DLL Downloader.com and follow the steps we explained above.
- "Imgicon.dll not found." error
- "The file Imgicon.dll is missing." error
- "Imgicon.dll access violation." error
- "Cannot register Imgicon.dll." error
- "Cannot find Imgicon.dll." error
- "This application failed to start because Imgicon.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." error