What is Api.dll? What Does It Do?
The Api.dll library is 1.23 MB. The download links are current and no negative feedback has been received by users. It has been downloaded 49358 times since release and it has received 3.5 out of 5 stars.
Table of Contents
- What is Api.dll? What Does It Do?
- Operating Systems Compatible with the Api.dll Library
- All Versions of the Api.dll Library
- How to Download Api.dll Library?
- How to Install Api.dll? How to Fix Api.dll Errors?
- Method 1: Fixing the DLL Error by Copying the Api.dll Library to the Windows System Directory
- Method 2: Copying The Api.dll Library Into The Program Installation Directory
- Method 3: Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Program that Gives You the Api.dll Error
- Method 4: Fixing the Api.dll Error Using the Windows System File Checker
- Method 5: Getting Rid of Api.dll Errors by Updating the Windows Operating System
- Most Seen Api.dll Errors
- Dynamic Link Libraries Similar to Api.dll
Operating Systems Compatible with the Api.dll Library
All Versions of the Api.dll Library
The last version of the Api.dll library is the 10.0.61637.0 version. There have been 5 versions previously released. All versions of the Dynamic link library are listed below from newest to oldest.
- 10.0.61637.0 - 32 Bit (x86) Download directly this version
- 10.0.61355.0 - 32 Bit (x86) (2014-03-31) Download directly this version
- 10.0.61355.0 - 32 Bit (x86) Download directly this version
- 10.0.60905.0 - 32 Bit (x86) (2011-12-31) Download directly this version
- 10.0.60905.0 - 32 Bit (x86) Download directly this version
- Unknown - 32 Bit (x86) Download directly this version
How to Download Api.dll Library?
- First, click the "Download" button with the green background (The button marked in the picture).
- After clicking the "Download" button at the top of the page, the "Downloading" page will open up and the download process will begin. Definitely do not close this page until the download begins. Our site will connect you to the closest DLL Downloader.com download server in order to offer you the fastest downloading performance. Connecting you to the server can take a few seconds.
How to Install Api.dll? How to Fix Api.dll Errors?
ATTENTION! Before beginning the installation of the Api.dll library, you must download the library. If you don't know how to download the library or if you are having a problem while downloading, you can look at our download guide a few lines above.
Method 1: Fixing the DLL Error by Copying the Api.dll Library to the Windows System Directory
- The file you will download is a compressed file with the ".zip" extension. You cannot directly install the ".zip" file. Because of this, first, double-click this file and open the file. You will see the library named "Api.dll" in the window that opens. Drag this library to the desktop with the left mouse button. This is the library you need.
- Copy the "Api.dll" library file you extracted.
- Paste the dynamic link library you copied into the "C:\Windows\System32" directory.
- If your system is 64 Bit, copy the "Api.dll" library and paste it into "C:\Windows\sysWOW64" directory.
NOTE! On 64 Bit systems, you must copy the dynamic link library to both the "sysWOW64" and "System32" directories. In other words, both directories need the "Api.dll" library.
- First, we must run the Windows Command Prompt as an administrator.
NOTE! We ran the Command Prompt on Windows 10. If you are using Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP, you can use the same methods to run the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- A verification window will pop up asking, "Do you want to run the Command Prompt as with administrative permission?" Approve this action by saying, "Yes".
%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /u Api.dll
%windir%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe /u Api.dll
%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /i Api.dll
%windir%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe /i Api.dll
Method 2: Copying The Api.dll Library Into The Program Installation Directory
- First, you must find the installation directory of the program (the program giving the dll error) you are going to install the dynamic link library to. In order to find this directory, "Right-Click > Properties" on the program's shortcut.
- Open the program installation directory by clicking the Open File Location button in the "Properties" window that comes up.
- Copy the Api.dll library.
- Paste the dynamic link library you copied into the program's installation directory that we just opened.
- When the dynamic link library is moved to the program installation directory, it means that the process is completed. Check to see if the issue was fixed by running the program giving the error message again. If you are still receiving the error message, you can complete the 3rd Method as an alternative.
Method 3: Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Program that Gives You the Api.dll Error
- Push the "Windows" + "R" keys at the same time to open the Run window. Type the command below into the Run window that opens up and hit Enter. This process will open the "Programs and Features" window.
- On the Programs and Features screen that will come up, you will see the list of programs on your computer. Find the program that gives you the dll error and with your mouse right-click it. The right-click menu will open. Click the "Uninstall" option in this menu to start the uninstall process.
- You will see a "Do you want to uninstall this program?" confirmation window. Confirm the process and wait for the program to be completely uninstalled. The uninstall process can take some time. This time will change according to your computer's performance and the size of the program. After the program is uninstalled, restart your computer.
- After restarting your computer, reinstall the program.
- This method may provide the solution to the dll error you're experiencing. If the dll error is continuing, the problem is most likely deriving from the Windows operating system. In order to fix dll errors deriving from the Windows operating system, complete the 4th Method and the 5th Method.
Method 4: Fixing the Api.dll Error Using the Windows System File Checker
- First, we must run the Windows Command Prompt as an administrator.
Method 5: Getting Rid of Api.dll Errors by Updating the Windows Operating System
Some programs need updated dynamic link libraries. When your operating system is not updated, it cannot fulfill this need. In some situations, updating your operating system can solve the dll errors you are experiencing.
In order to check the update status of your operating system and, if available, to install the latest update packs, we need to begin this process manually.
Depending on which Windows version you use, manual update processes are different. Because of this, we have prepared a special article for each Windows version. You can get our articles relating to the manual update of the Windows version you use from the links below.
Explanations on Updating Windows Manually
Most Seen Api.dll Errors
If the Api.dll library is missing or the program using this library has not been installed correctly, you can get errors related to the Api.dll library. Dynamic link libraries being missing can sometimes cause basic Windows programs to also give errors. You can even receive an error when Windows is loading. You can find the error messages that are caused by the Api.dll library.
If you don't know how to install the Api.dll library you will download from our site, you can browse the methods above. Above we explained all the processes you can do to fix the dll error you are receiving. If the error is continuing after you have completed all these methods, please use the comment form at the bottom of the page to contact us. Our editor will respond to your comment shortly.
- "Api.dll not found." error
- "The file Api.dll is missing." error
- "Api.dll access violation." error
- "Cannot register Api.dll." error
- "Cannot find Api.dll." error
- "This application failed to start because Api.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." error