What is Shellex.dll? link
The Shellex.dll file is 0.17 MB. The download links for this file are clean and no user has given any negative feedback. From the time it was offered for download, it has been downloaded 47 times.
Table of Contents
- What is Shellex.dll?
- Operating Systems Compatible with the Shellex.dll File
- Other Versions of the Shellex.dll File
- How to Download Shellex.dll File?
- How to Fix Shellex.dll Errors?
- Method 1: Copying the Shellex.dll File to the Windows System Folder
- Method 2: Copying the Shellex.dll File to the Software File Folder
- Method 3: Doing a Clean Reinstall of the Software That Is Giving the Shellex.dll Error
- Method 4: Solving the Shellex.dll Problem by Using the Windows System File Checker (scf scannow)
- Method 5: Fixing the Shellex.dll Errors by Manually Updating Windows
- Most Seen Shellex.dll Errors
- Other Dll Files Used with Shellex.dll
- The Location on our Site of the Shellex.dll File
Operating Systems Compatible with the Shellex.dll File link
Other Versions of the Shellex.dll File link
The latest version of the Shellex.dll file is 220.127.116.11 version. Before this, there were 1 versions released. All versions released up till now are listed below from newest to oldest
- 18.104.22.168 - 32 Bit (x86) Download directly this version now
- 22.214.171.124 - 32 Bit (x86) (2012-07-31) Download directly this version now
How to Download Shellex.dll File? link
- First, click the "Download" button with the green background (The button marked in the picture).
- "After clicking the Download" button, wait for the download process to begin in the "Downloading" page that opens up. Depending on your Internet speed, the download process will begin in approximately 4 -5 seconds.
How to Fix Shellex.dll Errors? link
ATTENTION! Before continuing on to install the Shellex.dll file, you need to download the file. If you have not downloaded it yet, download it before continuing on to the installation steps. If you are having a problem while downloading the file, you can browse the download guide a few lines above.
Method 1: Copying the Shellex.dll File to the Windows System Folder link
- The file you will download is a compressed file with the ".zip" extension. You cannot directly install the ".zip" file. Because of this, first, double-click this file and open the file. You will see the file named "Shellex.dll" in the window that opens. Drag this file to the desktop with the left mouse button. This is the file you need.
- Copy the "Shellex.dll" file you extracted and paste it into the "C:\Windows\System32" folder.
- If your system is 64 Bit, copy the "Shellex.dll" file and paste it into "C:\Windows\sysWOW64" folder.
NOTE! On 64 Bit systems, you must copy the dll file to both the "sysWOW64" and "System32" folders. In other words, both folders need the "Shellex.dll" file.
- First, we must run the Windows Command Prompt as an administrator.
NOTE! We ran the Command Prompt on Windows 10. If you are using Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP, you can use the same methods to run the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- A verification window will pop up asking, "Do you want to run the Command Prompt as with administrative permission?" Approve this action by saying, "Yes".
%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /u Shellex.dll
%windir%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe /u Shellex.dll
%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /i Shellex.dll
%windir%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe /i Shellex.dll
Method 2: Copying the Shellex.dll File to the Software File Folder link
- First, you need to find the file folder for the software you are receiving the "Shellex.dll not found", "Shellex.dll is missing" or other similar dll errors. In order to do this, right-click on the shortcut for the software and click the Properties option from the options that come up.
- Open the software's file folder by clicking on the Open File Location button in the Properties window that comes up.
- Copy the Shellex.dll file.
- Paste the dll file you copied into the software's file folder that we just opened.
- When the dll file is moved to the software file folder, it means that the process is completed. Check to see if the problem was solved by running the software giving the error message again. If you are still receiving the error message, you can complete the 3rd Method as an alternative.
Method 3: Doing a Clean Reinstall of the Software That Is Giving the Shellex.dll Error link
- Press the "Windows" + "R" keys at the same time to open the Run tool. Paste the command below into the text field titled "Open" in the Run window that opens and press the Enter key on your keyboard. This command will open the "Programs and Features" tool.
- The softwares listed in the Programs and Features window that opens up are the softwares installed on your computer. Find the software that gives you the dll error and run the "Right-Click > Uninstall" command on this software.
- Following the instructions that come up, uninstall the software from your computer and restart your computer.
- After restarting your computer, reinstall the software that was giving the error.
- You may be able to solve the dll error you are experiencing by using this method. If the error messages are continuing despite all these processes, we may have a problem deriving from Windows. To solve dll errors deriving from Windows, you need to complete the 4th Method and the 5th Method in the list.
Method 4: Solving the Shellex.dll Problem by Using the Windows System File Checker (scf scannow) link
- First, we must run the Windows Command Prompt as an administrator.
Method 5: Fixing the Shellex.dll Errors by Manually Updating Windows link
Some softwares need updated dll files. When your operating system is not updated, it cannot fulfill this need. In some situations, updating your operating system can solve the dll errors you are experiencing.
In order to check the update status of your operating system and, if available, to install the latest update packs, we need to begin this process manually.
Depending on which Windows version you use, manual update processes are different. Because of this, we have prepared a special article for each Windows version. You can get our articles relating to the manual update of the Windows version you use from the links below.
Windows Update Guides link
Most Seen Shellex.dll Errors link
When the Shellex.dll file is damaged or missing, the softwares that use this dll file will give an error. Not only external softwares, but also basic Windows softwares and tools use dll files. Because of this, when you try to use basic Windows softwares and tools (For example, when you open Internet Explorer or Windows Media Player), you may come across errors. We have listed the most common Shellex.dll errors below.
You will get rid of the errors listed below when you download the Shellex.dll file from DLL Downloader.com and follow the steps we explained above.
- "Shellex.dll not found." error
- "The file Shellex.dll is missing." error
- "Shellex.dll access violation." error
- "Cannot register Shellex.dll." error
- "Cannot find Shellex.dll." error
- "This application failed to start because Shellex.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." error
Other Dll Files Used with Shellex.dll link
The Location on our Site of the Shellex.dll File link
- Kaspersky Lab
- Kaspersky Lab + Windows 10
- Kaspersky Lab + Windows 8.1
- Kaspersky Lab + Windows 8
- Kaspersky Lab + Windows 7
- Kaspersky Lab + Windows Vista
- Kaspersky Lab + Windows XP
- Kaspersky Lab + S
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP